Sick of having reflection on your lenses? When buying lenses, most people are unaware of the types of coatings that are available to them. With evolving technology, you can choose a coating for your lenses that will suit your lifestyle, ensure that your vision is very comfortable and also make you look good.
Here are six benefits of investing in a good lens coating:
1. Scratch resistance & durability: Protection from damage means your glasses will last longer.
2. Anti-reflection: Today's modern anti-reflective coatings can virtually eliminate the reflection of light from eyeglass lenses, allowing 99.5 percent of available light to pass through the lenses and enter the eye for good vision.
3. Anti-glare: Lenses with an anti-reflection coating will provide sharper vision with less glare when driving at night.
4. Appearance: By eliminating reflections, anti-reflection coating also makes your eyeglass lenses look nearly invisible so people can see your eyes and facial expressions more clearly. Anti-reflective glasses also are more attractive, so you can look your best in all lighting conditions.
5. Comfort: Your vision is relaxed and you can wear your glasses for long periods of time.
6. Easy to clean: your lenses will repel dirt, staying cleaner for longer.
We recommend choosing a multi-coat over a hard coat.
A multi-coat is better than your standard hard coat, and is also otherwise known as anti-reflective coating. This type of coating incorporates a combination of coatings – anti-reflection, scratch-resistant, water repellent and UV protection. It is designed to minimise lens reflections, improve the clarity of your vision and protect the lenses.
Most modern lenses are made from plastic materials which are relatively soft. The basic Hard Coat is designed to provide a level of protection from superficial scratches and abrasion to ensure the integrity of the lens optics providing you with the best durability possible for these lenses and coatings.
When choosing a coating for your lenses, there's no substitute for expert advice.
Come and visit us today at Visique and let our friendly team help you choose a lens coating that will suit your lifestyle. Click on "Locate local Visique" at the top of the website for your nearest location.